Connecting to MySQL from Coldfusion 7
Coldfusion 7 only shipped with MySQL 3 drivers. Here is how to add drivers for newer versions (5 at the time of this writing):
- Get yourself a copy of the newest MySQL Connector JDBC driver from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/
- Locate the mysql-connector-java-*-bin.jar file and extract it into your cf_root/WEB-INF/lib folder on your CF server.
- Restart Coldfusion.
To add a new data source (DSN) using this new driver:
- Add new DSN using driver: other
- JDBC URL: jdbc:mysql://[host server name]:[port]/[database]
- Driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
- username/password if you want it defined in the administrator, else use them in your cfquery tags